Saturdays are often anticlimactic. I get up thinking of all the things to be done and things we could do as a family, and by about 3 in the afternoon I am annoyed because we are all still hanging around doing nothing! My high hopes have tanked again. The saying 'if you fail to plan, you plan to fail' goes through my head.
Today we had a birthday party in the evening, and so I took the little girls out for a short walk to the park for some fresh air. I love my time with my kids. I mean the time we aren't cleaning, or practising music, or doing the jobs of daily life. I love the kid time, hanging out and playing without a schedule or place to be. I think I would have liked having children in the 40's. Less distraction from the outside world. I wonder if someone from the 40's would agree with that. Maybe I should create that as best as I can here. No tv, ipods, etc for a month. Just play games, read... I can just hear the weeping and wailing that would start off that little experiment!
 |
| at the park with my Alli pally |
 |
| swings are much easier to get into with 2 ft of snow beneath you |
 |
| at the party skating for the first time |
No comments:
Post a Comment