This past family day weekend we went to Red Deer. We love Red Deer. We love our family there, the parks, the skating, the pools, the great pizza place and sushi place we go to as often as possible. Laurel and her cousins went skiing for the afternoon on saturday, while the rest of us played and skated at Chris and Laura's. Then the adults went out to dinner and a play (not at our sushi place...but a mexican place which is always a great choice). The play was so good we left at intermission...so it was a cliffhanger. We spent the rest of the evening playing cards and chatting, it was great. I think my husband's family could all live on a compound together and be quite happy. It is great being together with everyone. On monday we went skating at Bower ponds and the weather was great! We played at the park with the little ones and just had a great day.
 |
| There is a LOT of snow in Red Deer! |
 |
| Allison taking a "break" while skating |
 |
| fun at the park at bower ponds |
 |
| Alli breakin' all the rules |
Monday was the beginning of winter break week for us, so lots of play will be going on this week. I took away Will's ipod this week because he would spend all day on it if he could, and I cut out t.v. as well, unless we are watching a family movie together, so every hour I get a request from Will to change the new rules back to the old rules which were essentially no rules and me just nagging the kids to play and turn off the t.v.. The second day has been slightly better than the first. It really is like I'm punishing myself.
 |
Getting the kids out of the house to walk to the library
|
No comments:
Post a Comment