Team Stephan

Team Stephan

Friday, February 7, 2014

Kids are like water. Parents are like mountains; strong, steadfast and immovable. We are supposed to be the guides to our children even when they want to defy your guidance, we are to be steadfast. Then when they are older they say' I'm glad my mom made me stick that out.

Yes I am talking about the fight to learn piano. Laurel gets in these 'I hate piano' moods and nothing I say or do will get her out. Two thoughts run through my head at those times. 1. Don't let her give up, it is hard now but she will so appreciate being able to play one day, she loves music and will enjoy her talent when it is developed. 2. This isn't worth it, maybe piano isn't her thing, and it costs $80 a month that I could use to learn myself because I actually want to!

What to do. My kids of water are starting to erode me over time, what parts am I willing to give and yet still be steadfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment