On the weekend (last weekend) the weather was so ridiculously cold I thought it would be prudent to evacuate the country and move to a warmer climate. Apparently the powers that be didn't think so. Instead to have some fun and stay warm we went to the church and invited a few other families to come for a 'friendly' game of dodge ball. We played for two hours and there was no blood involved, that in the world of dodge ball constitutes a success. I did come out with a headache as I was hit rather hard in the face by my beloved husband. Thankfully the balls were different than the ones I played with as a kid. I may have come out with a broken nose if we used those!
Yesterday I decided to pull out the food dehydrator and make some delicious fruit leather, some banana chips and dried apples. The process took a lot longer than I thought it would and I went to bed with the machine still running. I took out the apples and bananas sooner but the fruit leather was taking a while. Since I love sleep I was unwilling to set an alarm to get up in the night to shut off the dehydrator, but I did wake at 4 a.m. and turn it off. In the morning we had some delicious....really dry fruit leather. We had to scrape it off the trays with a knife. I hate to waste fruit so we ate it anyway, and the flavour was good, but next time more precise timing is needed.
Time for another weekend (as the kids have tomorrow off). I am looking forward to saturday morning and the stake relief society meeting. We even get breakfast...I can feel the Spirit more when someone else has made me good food:)
 |
| dodge ball action |
 |
| impromptu sister sleep over |
 |
failed fruit leather
|
No comments:
Post a Comment