Today was a busy day. I took Kate to gymnastics, brought lunch to my mom, went visiting teaching, dropped Kate at a friends to play, volunteered at the school, picked up Kate, did laundry, made supper, took the girls to piano, fed kids, picked up the girls, took supper to my mom, put kids to bed and cleaned the kitchen. Although I did lots my house still looks like it threw up on itself. In Will's class, I taught kids about the trebuchet catapult. It is the one you see in most movies with catapults. The ones that launch those balls of fire at castles. I launched a red pom pom, I called it the flaming red pom pom of death, the kids appreciated that.
My little Kate is registered for preschool next year, which makes me pretty sad. I told her that I thought she should just always stay with me and be my buddy, she told me the dog would keep me company and protect me from monsters. In her world that means a lot.
I wonder sometimes what I would be like if I didn't get the opportunity to be a mother. Nothing is harder, nothing teaches me more about myself and others, nothing makes me strive to be a better person more than being the constant teacher and exemplar to the six little people who call me mom.
 |
| In the mountains with my besties 3 years ago |
No comments:
Post a Comment