Team Stephan

Team Stephan

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Family life

I have been avoiding looking at this blog because it is one more thing I have to do, but no more. My goal is 5 minutes a day...its the new year...we'll see how long this goal lasts. Our home teachers were over a couple of days ago and asked about our new years goals; Laurel said she didn't make any because she didn't want to set herself up for failure. I laughed and thought that I do that too, although I make the goals then wonder if they will really pan out.

We moved from Red Deer back to Okotoks in august. It is, as they say (who is they?), bitter sweet. We miss Red Deer and our friends and ward there. We miss the parks and the pools, the skating and sledding, and especially our family there. It is nice to be back though. It has been a great blessing to live in places we have really loved, and made such good friends everywhere we have lived.

We recently went to Florida for three weeks. We stayed at Joy and Phil's (aka Nathan's parents) Florida home, and we loved all of it. The weather...beautiful, the beach...wonderful, disney...so fun. I have to say my favourite was sitting by the pool, feeling the warm sun and watching the kids play in the water. They love to swim and it is such a great feeling being with your kids and watching them just enjoy being kids.

Okay that was longer than 5 minutes, but that is my penalty for almost a year of neglect! Here are some  Florida highlights.







No comments:

Post a Comment