Team Stephan

Team Stephan

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Nathan's Post

Nathan here,

Today Tracey and I went to the temple. We are trying to go at least monthly to the temple, but, because she is still "personally" feeding Kate, we can't really go in together. So we drove down with the twins and Kate and while Tracey did her session, I spent a couple of hours with the smaller kids in Cardston. Cardston is a nice place to visit, but it seems pretty small to live there. Also, the wind is really strong at times. I like the InCaseOf store there. I always pick up a few things for our home storage on each trip we make to Cardston. The kids really behaved themselves well. On the way home Tracey and I talked about how it had been a successful venture. At times I am leery of taking both of the twins places, because it can end in mayhem. Tomorrow I am taking the youth in the ward there to do baptisms, so that will be my visit this month.

This evening I took Laurel, Will and Emma to get outfitted for soccer (shinpads and shoes). Laurel and Will were easy enough, as there are things that actually fit them, however, it was a challenge finding soccer socks and shoes for Emma. We didn't find shoes that fit (I don't think that she needs them) or socks. However, I decided that a pair of knee high socks would do the trick for her. So we went to the sock area, and of course she picked out some pink socks with flowers. At least she'll be fashionable if she can't play well. They did a fashion show for Mom when they got home, and Emma ended up wearing her socks to bed, pulled up over her knees. Will wanted to wear his to bed too, but I remember from my playing days how stinky shinpads can get (Will and Laurel's are an integrated sock and shinpad) so I put an end to that idea.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you guys for making the goal to go to the Temple every month. I know you'll be glad you do it! And I love that you take the kids. Seriously, when they are bigger they will always remember "the family temple trips" and they will see that it's important to them as well! Keep it up!!!!

    ReplyDelete