Team Stephan

Team Stephan

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Nathan's Post - Thriller

So the kids have been dancing around to the music that they helped pick out for the "Team Stephan" blog, and Laurel asked to see some of the music videos for the music. Tracey brought up the clip from the Hannah Montana movie that had one of the songs and the kids enjoyed it. The kids like the Michael Jackson CD we bought last summer, so Tracey brought up the Thriller video. Right away I said, "Hey, maybe the kids shouldn't watch this one." I remember when I was 8 or 9 when the video came out that I was freaked out when Michael Jackson transformed into the Wolfman and had nightmares for weeks...in addition, Wolfman became my instant most scary monster. Well as the video starts, and Michael Jackson looks kind of odd to begin with, I kept saying...maybe the kids shouldn't be watching this, but Tracey just kind of smiled and told Emma not to watch. Well Michael Jackson starts to "transform" and Laurel and Emma are both burying their heads in my chest. Tracey finally stops the video with it frozen on Michael Jackson with wolf teeth and glowing eyes as he has started to become the Wolfman. The kids keep sneaking peeks at the image while Tracey slowly starts to bring up another website...and I mean slowly. Will on the other hand just looks at us and says. "Why did you stop the video?". The net effect was that Laurel and Emma were both talking about the Wolfman before bed tonight, and Laurel was insisting on sleeping in our room. All I know is that if there is some crying going on tonight that I'll be stuck on the couch downstairs while Tracey gets the comfortable bed to herself. Because even the girls know that Mom is no match for the Wolfman. You need Dad for that job.

1 comment: