Yesterday was Emma's 9th birthday party. Five of my kids plus seven of her friends does not a quiet house make. It was like a raging hurricane for 2hrs, and my house looked like it at the end. Just like we have bad to know the good. I have extreme loudness to know the relative peace my house can have with 6 kids still living here. I hope my kids remember their birthday parties as fun days. Not ones where their mother is snappy before the party, even though I often am. I just can't wait for it to be over. But when it is I'm glad we did it. I know I loved birthdays as a kid, I don't remember how my mom was..so I have hope. I love that Emma and I were each other's presents on our birthdays. Even if I have to make the birthday cake on my birthday every year...she is definitely worth it!
 |
| mini cake decorating |
 |
| Emma's own birthday cake creation |
No comments:
Post a Comment