Team Stephan
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Nathan's Post - Friendship
The other night Laurel, William and I were talking about missions (they had just watched "The Other Side of Heaven" which is a Disney movie based on Elder Groberg's mission to Tonga). The conversation got me thinking about my mission in France and Switzerland and the great experience it was. I was blessed to be able to teach and participate in the baptism of a young man named Dario when I served in the city of Grenoble. Dario was introduced to the church by his future wife, Sandrine. We became friends while I was on my mission, and continued our friendship afterwards, with Tracey, Laurel and I staying with Dario and his family twice when we visited Europe. Over the last few years I hadn't kept up my contact with Dario, even though I had thought about him and his family many times during those years. So last night I looked him up on the internet and found what I was pretty certain was his address and phone number. This afternoon I called him to say hi. It was great to talk with him and catch up on what was going on in his life. He talked about how his oldest son received the Aaronic priesthood a couple of weeks ago, and how he is serving in his branch presidency, and his wife is the stake young women's president. I think I understood a little how Alma felt when he met the sons of Mosiah after their mission to Lamanites, in that he rejoiced in having met his friends, but his joy was even greater that they were still his brethern in the Lord.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amen! Amen!!! Hey guess who we ran into today in Brandon.....yup Grandma! We took pictures so I can put her on our blog. Too funny.! it was good to see an Alberta face!
ReplyDelete