Team Stephan

Team Stephan

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Nathan's Post - Sunday Fun

Sundays are always interesting for our family. Mikey got a batman t-shirt the other day, and doesn't ever want to take it off. When I got back from my morning meeting, all the kids were dressed, but Mike was having a meltdown because he couldn't wear Batman. So I decided it wasn't worth the battle and threw it on over his Sunday shirt. When we got to church (just as the meeting was starting of course), the 3 older ones sprinted into the building as we got the twins and Kate out of their seats. As Tracey and I walked into the chapel, we looked for our kids, and to our dismay they were sitting down in the center row at the very front of the chapel. Oh great, said Tracey, echoing my thoughts, as we walked up to the front. Will then proceeded to get a fabric Potato head doll that Tracey made out of the kids activity bag and race it on the top of the seat and make crazy noises, much to the amusement / distraction of the people behind us. Mikey looked around and when he saw someone he knew he would stand up and smile and show off his batman shirt. They were actually pretty good for sacrament, but then Katelynn started to cry, and Tracey had to leave. Allison and Mikey then wanted to follow her, and I ended up having to take them out, leaving the 3 older ones on the bench by themselves. When I got back I sat down and tried to finish my talk that I had to give, while Will and Emma kept asking me if I was writing my talk, just so the people behind me knew I wasn't quite done preparing. Then I went up to the front, and of course Tracey had to take the twins out the back as they wanted to follow me up to the front. The 3 older ones were actually pretty good by themselves, as the Gregson's helped occupy them from time to time while I spoke. After I was done speaking and the closing hymn was being sung, William ran up to the front to sit on my knee. Which wasn't too bad, except his nose had been running a little, so he had shoved a whole kleenex in it (apparently it had been in there for quite awhile, so the Bishop and others got a small chuckle thanks to William looking around the meeting room). So I had to smile a little at the sight of him and then took the kleenex out quickly and put it in my suit pocket (note to others: don't be shoving your hands in my suit pockets). Ahhh the Sabbath, a day of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment