Team Stephan

Team Stephan

Monday, May 3, 2010

FHE




Tonight we had a fun family home evening with the kids. Nathan and I were talking about how we often dread it because there is always someone crying, hitting another person, yelling at someone, etc. Well Nathan thought we should just make it fun and play most of the time as opposed to sit first and do songs as we normally do. So Nathan picked up some foam swords at the store and we had Book of Mormon wars in the backyard. Will got to be Ammon cutting off the robbers arms, and then we covered strategy on how to take back a city from the lamanites. I told the kids to hide around the corner of the house as I went up to taunt dad the lamanite from the trampoline city he had just taken. I said I would lure him out and when he came after me, they could all attack. They loved this plan and had so much fun with the 'surprise attack' that we did it a few more times, taking turns who was the bait. One time as I stood hiding with William, he looked at me and said while gripping his foam sword, "if we die, we die with honor", then he ran out to attack the enemy. Overall a great family night.

2 comments:

  1. That soundslike a blast!!! I will have to remember that one....we can always use a little more fun- especially at FHE. You guys are great parents...and I love Will's comment!! Definately a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you guys. People sometimes think that you have to have an hour long FHE with a sit down discussions and scripture reading....NOT. It's about making the time to have fun as a family and do it regulary so that when those moments come when they will need to talk to you, they will feel comfortable doing it.
    Looks like you guys had fun. The most important thing is that your doing it! keep it up! "Nothing great ever happened without enthusiasm....and it looks like you guys have it!" trust me I'm from a family of 11 kids, I just remembered that it was done and that there was good treats after. You can succeed even with lots of kids! Good for you guys.

    ReplyDelete