Team Stephan

Team Stephan

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Busy day



Saturday morning we had our first soccer games of the season. Of course we were running late leaving the house as someone is always unable to find their shoes, and someone pees her pants as we are all in the suburban and ready to go. So Nathan, the man that rarely speeds, sped all the way to High River, as he had to coach Emma's game. We got there to greet all the parents who were beginning to wonder where the coach was! I went to Spitzee school with laurel and Will for their games. Will actually didn't want to play when we first talked to him about soccer, but once he was there he was all over that ball like a fat kid on a candy, and when he couldn't get the ball away from another kid he just picked it up and threw it (his first practice was snowed out, so we'll give him a break on that one). At the end of the game when his coach said "lets give a cheer for the other team", Will said, "why? we won." I guess we'll work on the 'play for fun' motto for him. Laurel did great and almost scored a goal. Emma was a little disappointed she didn't get to kick the ball more.

Later that night we had a reception for Bryan and Christine Tagg to go to which started at 6:30, so of course we left the house at 6:50. Nathan said it was at the stake center (another church building) in Calgary, so we drove there and hurried in the building. As Laurel set down the gift in the pile and I discreetly looked for a seat I heard the final words of the toast, "Congratulations Mike and Hailey!". Aaaah we were at the wrong wedding! It turns out the reception we needed to go to was at a different building. So I whispered for Laurel to grab the gift (while a few people were starting to turn around I'm sure wondering who the heck I was) and we left as quickly as we could...even though the food smelled really good! The real reception was fun and we knew a lot more people at that one!

1 comment:

  1. That is hillarious about the "wrong wedding" night. Oh my goodness I can't believe that happened LOL that is such a funny story. Good thing you made it to the right one.
    Good job in soccer Will and Laurel. Laurel Jada says she just started last week. She had to miss her first game cause she had activity days and we don't miss those so her first real game was this last Thursday. Have fun you two!

    ReplyDelete