Team Stephan

Team Stephan

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Good guys and bad guys

This week has been busy. Lots of music lessons, and make up lessons. Lots of 'gotta go there, then there then there' kind of days. Lots of time with cousins as we have a few more around this week. Everyone is tired. Nathan and I went with our friend to see spiderman 2 tonight after spending most of the day with family for my niece's birthday. The movie had some fun action in it but didn't hold my interest throughout, perhaps because I had drank a big cup of pop and my kidneys were aching for the last 30 minutes of the movie...little distracting. It had a guy that glowed blue and looked just creepy, I couldn't relate to him...shocker (that was an unintentional pun because the character was named electro, I am so unintentionally funny). Michael really wants to see this movie, I now really don't want him to. It just seems to angry of a movie, I don't think it is just the violence but the hateful motivation behind everything, I just didn't like that. Spiderman was cool though.

I think when I was a kid I looked at movies in terms of good guys and bad guys. As long as the good guys win, no problem, good movie. Maybe that is how Michael would see it. Now I just see the hate and revenge and anger. The things I don't want in my life or in my kids lives. I want my Mike to stay a boy who isn't used to seeing violence and anger played out in the things he watches. I want my kids to play, build lego, ride bikes, play sports. Superheroes are fun, I get it. But with every superhero comes a villain. So what villains am I willing to invite in?

Super Michael fighting the evil Darth Vader

No comments:

Post a Comment