Team Stephan

Team Stephan

Monday, July 5, 2010

Nathan's Post - Mr. Mom

So on Saturday, Tracey took a flight to Manitoba to stay with her Grandpa for a few days. Back here in Okotoks, one of her uncles just passed away from cancer. Tracey and I were talking on our way to Red Deer on Friday night about the fact that Tracey's Grandma (her aunt's mother) was not going to be able to make it to the funeral as the grandpa has not been in very good health the last few years, and would not be able to make the trip. Grandpa needs 24 hour care, and Grandma provides it. We agreed that the aunt would probably appreciate it more if her mother was there than if Tracey was, so we decided to call up Grandma and have Tracey offer to look after Grandpa for a few days so that Grandma could come to the funeral. So Saturday morning it was all arranged, and Saturday night, on our way back from Red Deer (where we had a short visit with my parents) we dropped Tracey and Katelynn off at the airport. The kids have been great while Tracey has been gone. What has helped out is that Grandma Linda bought them a Wii. In general Tracey (more than I) don't like our kids to have video games, but I think that Linda appreciated what we were doing for her Mom and Dad, and decided to go and get the kids the present. Only bad part was that it only came with one controller. So I got on Kijiji and got a couple of used ones with nunchuks for $50 (new they would have been about $80 each for a controller with a nunchuk). The kids like it a little too much, hopefully the novelty wears off soon. But they are good at doing their chores and other jobs I give them before playing. I hope no injuries happen this time either (last time Emma got nailed in the head and got a cut over the eye by an overaggressive tennis forehand from Laurel). Right now we have one of Tracey's cousins, her husband, and 3 children staying the night. I don't know a lot of Tracey's family that well, but these ones seem good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment